According to the latest web design statistics, there are over 1.1 billion websites today, and that number is expected to double in the coming years, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic. Companies, in the modern tech-driven era, are growingly aware of the significance of having a digital existence.
To shine in this cluttered online space, you need to understand the latest trends and technologies utilised in web design in parallel with consumer behaviours-colour expectations.
The statistics covered in this blog reveal the latest developments in web design as well as current consumer expectations. So, boost your website design techniques with our web design statistics 2022 portfolio to make your company stand out in the overly-crowded online medium.
1. Mobile Browsing is the Future
As per research, 75% of users on the internet give preference to a mobile-friendly website. Therefore, business owners should give much significance to mobile optimisation.
Below are the best practices for enhancing your mobile website design strategy:
- Optimize mobile layout – Mobile screens are lesser in size than their PCs. So, locate most of your engaging content, especially call to action, within the “active zone of the thumb”.
- Use readable texts – bold fonts are mandatory to make your page manageable as well as scannable for readers to understand.
- Prioritize – Only display necessary visual components on your page,
2. Impressions Management Realistically Works in 2022
It takes only 50 milliseconds for visitors to drive a judgment about your business based on your web design. (Behavior & Information Technology, 2011)
Multiple factors influence first impressions, comprising colours, fonts, structure, texts and spacing.
Websites having low visual complexity are fascinated to internet users. This indicates that to catch a user’s interest quickly, the website is required to be:
- Simple – in design, maintaining the least visual complexity.
- Representative – Visual components must reflect your brand precisely.
- Familiar – per the users’ expectations.
Digital commerce is a highly robust landscape. If you are unable to leave the first impression and build your credibility in seconds, you risk being overshadowed by your competition.
3. Customised Online Shopping Experience
As per research, 49% of online buyers purchase developing trust from a customised recommendation of a brand.
Website design statistics 2022 estimate that online customers prefer tailored shopping experiences when purchasing online, such as statistics mentioned below:
- The latest web design statistics reveal that 71 per cent of shoppers feel discouraged when they encounter impersonal shopping experiences.
- According to website design statistics, 2022 by Accenture, 91 per cent of consumers say they are more likely to shop with brands that provide offers and recommendations relevant to them.
- Smart Insights’ website design statistics 2022 identify that 73 per cent of online customers will refrain from buying from businesses that use poor customisation strategies.
So, delivering a fully tailored online buying convenience will take your brand to the edge.
4. Site Speed Optimization Must Be a Priority
According to Google, the possibility of bounce enhances to 32% as the loading speed of the page goes from 1 second to 3 seconds.
Website design statistics 2022 reveal that before everything else, brands must be familiar with how much time it takes to load their webpage.
Luckily, there are incredible methods to boost your website’s lag time. Below are the top-of-the-line strategies for website speed optimisation:
- Reduce plugins – it will improve overall site speed as well as performance.
- Compress image sizes – it significantly affects your site speed.
- Track your speed – monitor it regularly.
- Reduce plugins – to boost site speed as well as performance.
5. The Growing Importance of an Appealing Web Design
The latest web design statistics show that videos, images, and colours are the most supreme visual components that customers value on a brand website. So, concentrate on incorporating video as well as other visual elements.
- As per GoodFirms in 2021, 85% of web designers think crowded web design is the most popular mistake made by small businesses, whereas 42% of people will abandon a website just because of bad functionality.
So, it’s safe to say that web design isn’t just about developing and publishing pretty websites — it’s about making creative websites that are user-friendly.
Moreover, as far as non-responsive design and functionality issues are concerned, web designers cite outdated design as a high-ranking reason for visitors leaving a website. So, a website will need to integrate new design trends as well as technologies to not feel outdated.
6. Work with an Experienced Website Design Agency
According to Netcraft, in 2019, there were over 1 billion websites in the digital space, but only 0.1% account for 50% of the entire traffic.
A low-quality website doesn’t meet user expectations and expectedly costs you much more in the long run.
Experts from a web design agency can help you to develop a tailored site that leaves an impact on your target audience and streamline it for engagements and conversions. Many web design services have a substantial upfront cost, but there is also an incredibly higher return on investment (ROI) over time.
Website design styles keep changing in a continuous phase, and you must be aware of all changes to stay updated as well as well-informed by taking assistance from the latest website design statistics.
Let our experts, at Zoom Digital, help you best elevate your web design strategy to its maximum potential. Zoom Digital is a full-service digital marketing agency offering top-of-the-line, fully customised website design services to revive as well as strengthen your business presence online. Contact us today to talk to one of our experts.