Facebook has become much more than just a place to socially hang out with others. It has become one of the top marketing platforms where companies connect with their current and potential customers and sell their products directly. With up to 3 billion Facebook users growing worldwide and each one investing approximately 20 hours per month on it, Facebook is indeed a gold mine. However, Facebook trends, like all other digital marketing trends, change with time.
So, if you are thinking of revamping your brand’s social media strategy in 2022, don’t miss out on keeping up with incredible Facebook trends.
In this blog, we’ve accumulated some of the top Facebook trends to watch in 2022. Take a look at them:
1. Reels are a True Money-producers
Reels are omnipresent. The captivating clips are a great way for creators to make substantial income over the incredible platform of Facebook.
Facebook Reels are widely available in almost 150 countries. The contemporary Facebook video format is “the most rapidly-evolving content format by far”, as per the claim stated by the company.
Producers can make earn-out of public Reels utilising overlay ads which appear right in front of Reels. In this way, viewers can witness the entire Reel along with the ad in parallel.
These are the two main types of Overlay ads on Facebook:
- Banner ads are displayed as a sticker along the bottom; and
- Sticker ads; that the creator can display in a fixed frame on the post.
2. Shoppers are Tied Up with Facebook for Knowing More about Brands
The latest trend report for 2022 says that almost 54% of internet users worldwide falling in the age bracket between 16-24 years make use of social networks. Facebook serves as their main source of information when exploring brand choices.
- As a matter of fact, Facebook is the most influential social network in this regard, with more than 32% reassuring their purchasing decisions with it. This is way ahead of Twitter (14%), YouTube (18%) and other review sites (17%).
This implies that Gen Z is not referring to a company’s website to know the insides. Instead, they prefer scrolling through their social media platforms.
What’s the reason behind it? Gen Z’s buying power is increasingly growing. They’re estimated to be the biggest consumer base in the United States by the year 2026. So, brands will have to keep their social media platforms active to target them.
In the case of Facebook, this refers creation of a business page and optimising it to be user-friendly and informative.
3. Growing Customers & Businesses are Using Facebook Shops
As stated above, Facebook not only connects family and friends. It strengthens brands, products, as well as businesses.
Users now use Facebook apps to buy and sell different things via Marketplace and influencer marketing. It has witnessed incredible growth for people who envisioned social commerce.
- Many brick-and-mortar stores, around the world, were closed ever since the rise of Facebook Shops in the pandemic year 2020. With this grew the norm for small and big businesses to officially sell on the platform. By the year June 2021, Facebook Shops had over one million worldwide users and 250 million active stores globally.
Facebook continues to thrive from an e-commerce perspective. Some businesses report that sales are 66% greater on Facebook Shops in comparison to their company websites.
You can even use Facebook to accept as well as send payments. Using Facebook Pay/Hello, you may undergo corporate transactions, send money to relatives or friends, or donate amounts for charitable causes.
4. Live Shopping is on the Surge
Live shopping is Facebook’s blessing to customers who want a more engaging experience-and to brands that want to showcase their unique products in action.
- Facebook is the next most distinguished platform. Globally, it is recognised for live shopping. Brands nowadays are cashing in on Generation Z, who love and enjoy shopping in real-time.
- Facebook Live is not only for shopping. During the times of the COVID-19 pandemic, Facebook’s live videos most dynamically helped businesses to communicate ongoing events, news, and also concerts while sitting in the comfort of their homes.
It’s quite difficult to get more transparent other than in videos streaming live. This can best boost sales for your company.
Even with the pandemic situations getting better and the retrieval of in-person dealings, many people will keep looking back to Facebook for non-real videos streaming live.
5. Facebook Marketplace is a Tremendous Forum for Regional Businesses
Facebook marketplace ads attained a probable 563 million audience as of January 2022 — that’s a gigantic ocean of people shopping live within local boundaries.
In a nutshell, if you’re looking for options to shop local, Marketplace is a great place to start. Facebook will continue expanding to more countries on the map and make Marketplace accessible on the desktop version of Facebook in the forthcoming months.
Rightly known as the king of social media, Facebook’s regime is here to stay.
2022 Facebook trends are all about social commerce and social responsibility. This makes it easier for brands to connect with consumers or consumers to connect with brands. This offers all users a more robust and positive experience on the app. Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology are making the virtual world more and more like the real world.
Do you need help in managing your Facebook presence at its best?
Connect with Zoom Digital today to shape up your social media marketing at its best. Move forward with your great initiative in utilising any or all of these Facebook trends.